Amazing pieces can come from the most unlikely places. Redesign Antiques loves to find those forgotten pieces and turn them into timeless classics.
VINTAGE FRANKLIN ROTARY SEWING MACHINE The "Franklin Rotary", a badged version of the White FR class rotary sewing machine from about the mid to late 1920s - part of the Sears Roebuck Family. We have rescued this old beauty- cleaned and polisher her up. The detailing in these old machines are really works of art The machine was secured into a handmade wood- pine box we sealed with poly. The sewing machine box can now safely be displayed Weight 26# size 15 long x 8 wide x 13 tall Recomend local pickup- Akron Canton Ohio but we can ship PLEASE CONTACT BEFORE PURCHASE WITH SHIPPING COST THANK YOU FOR LOOKING- DEE
GOTHIC PUGIN MINTON- A.W.N. PUGIN DESIGN circa the 1800sA good repeating Gothic block printed tile almost certainly a design by A. W. N. Pugin. This tile does appear in the Mintons catalog with a different color scheme. Printed in brilliant greens, black, & gold with a white background brown and black on a durable thick buff clay body. Our Dublin based fireplace and antique shop removed this tile from a Dublin fireplace in the 1980s. The tile is larger than the average fireplace tile..8x8 vs 6x6. It will make a dramatic statement on your wall or placed in a displace support. A collectors' item. It is a Minton and if you look at the back of this tile you can see the soot marks from its use on the sides of a fireplace. There is the authenticating Wallbrook Badge and the Minton"s mark from Minton"s China works, Stoke on Trent. The tile itself is in great shape some mild chipping on edges as found in old antique tiles is minor and covered by framing, the back is clear of most of the motor and does have soot from use in a fireplace. All these features add to the antique. The color combination is brilliant. Detailed history of this historic Potter and Designer available on request and can be provided with the tile This is a larger size tile it measures 8x8 inches. In the handmade oak from the hanging measure 12"x1 2"
TREADLE SEWING MACHINE 6 DRAWER CURIO BOX--INSPIRED BY DESIGNER DRESSER -BLING We have taken six old sewing machine drawers from an antique treadle sewing machine and built a solid wood cabinet to house the drawers- The drawers are in great shape- authentic to the antique sewing machine except we put on crystal knobs to dress it up. A larger grouping of six drawers. Last month I bought a little bluish dresser from a local designer shop which was painted & antiqued. I loved it and so I copied it as best I could for this box. The antique wax gave the box a rich “olden” patina and the antiqued highlights combined to give me that a modern designer antiqued look I loved in the little dresser. I recently gilded the lily- the box actually- to match the gold gilding on the little dresser- so if you want some bling...here she is. I have shown this box as a jewelry box but really you could use it for anything…crafts, paints, tea bags, coffee k-cups. I have a friend that uses hers in her dining room to hold her silverware. The top two drawers a smaller than the other four- only 1 1/2 deep vs the standard 3 1/2 inch depth of the others The box measures 16 tall x 15 deep x 12 wide- inches. It weighs 27# As with our other items- please contact us for shipping and packaging cost.
PLEASE NOTE- SHIPPING POSTED IS AN ESTIMATE- PLEASE CONTACT SO WE CAN GET YOU THE CHEAPEST SHIPPING CHARGE!!
We Love You... Yea Yea Yea. A genuine 1973 suede leather Bomber's Jacket. This jacket came from a very famous London England shop...height of fashion in the late 1960's early 1970's hip crowd! called PepeJean - Denim Deluxe. Would have seen a lot of guys on Penny Lane with this Jacket UK Owner was from Liverpool but hardly ever wore this- he found it too warm- we know the owner. The jacket is a full fleece heavy warm jacket. All in original and great condition..zipper works great, suede leather soft and like new. Label says L for large but it is a British jacket from the 70s and would fit today's medium gentleman.
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLES Four antique fireplace tiles from our collection in Ireland. -Framed Ceramic Fireplace Tiles We have antique ceramic Art Nouveau tiles we have framed for display in your home. The designs and colors are truly dazzling. A very unique and unusual gift. The authenticated tiles are from the early 1900's, mostly made in Stoke On Trent in England. Some tiles come with a typed history of the design and manufacturer Tulips. A hand-framed 6 x 6-inch tile from the 1900s.Two tulips...with a green floral emblem in the center...very reminiscent of ancient Gaelic symbols. These tiles are very rare and unusual..doubt you will find another in the USA at this time. Want a bit of Irish in your home? Art Nouveau-- Jewelry. Made to look like the elaborate Victorian Swag Necklaces of the 1890s. You can see the swags and the fine gold chain of the pendant. This tile has been framed as wall art but the tile could be removed and placed anywhere. The tile was in an old fireplace in Dublin, Ireland and you can see the fine crackling the heat caused in the tile…truly a one of a kind piece. The picture doesn’t capture the fine lines or the element of the side pieces… These both sell for $75.00 apiece Shamrock- this wonderful Irish Shamrock tile is also authentic to the early 1900s and attributable to a well-known pottery in Stoke on Trent England. Truly suggest Ireland ..A special gift for St Patrick's day or for anyone with an Irish genealogy $50.00 The last item- the blue flower is a pretty tile but is actually a reproduction made in the 1980s. Very pretty and would great in a room where you want a bit of blue or gray $30.00 Shipping Extra- need to heavy pack to ship
French Country Chairs Vintage chairs- all hardwood. Hand-painted a creamy white and reupholstered in linen fabric- trim added. Note the fabric is also placed on the back of the French Country captain chair One set in gray with blue and purple pinstripes. Another set in solid gray linen. Both Captain chairs and dining chairs available.- see pictures for different styles We ship UPS and FedEx. Shipping cost depends on location- If you are interested please contact us with your zip code for your house. We will provide an estimated cost for you. AS always, FREE LOCAL shipping within hr of Akron Canton airport in Ohio.
Hand turned wood pen set, lathe Woods of Bubinga, Rosewood, WalnutBubinga is the color shown in the main item- a warm red-brown- most of our three sets are Bubinga An Exotic wood from West Africa- called the Rosewood of Africa Rosewood. A Rich dark brown almost black color- from Rosewood in India. Rosewood is a type of Mahogany We have only one Triple set in Walnut- the 4th picture shown Hand turned on Lathe Exotic Woods- Bubinga, Indian Rosewood, Walnut Sets available Single 1 Indian Rosewood. 1 Bubinga $20.00 each Double- a large diameter pen and smaller pen Only 1 Indian Rosewood available. $30.00 Triple a large pen, small pen, and letter opener $40.00 per set 1 Walnut 1 Indian Rosewood 3 Bubinga Please indicate which wood you wish. All come in handsome hinged case for presentation/gift. Please contact us regarding which combination or color you wish...shipping costs may vary Thank you
REAL FUR Gorgeous white rabbit fur coat- not imitation One owner- smoke-free home Purchased in 1970 from Macy's in NYC Great condition for its age...fur in great shape has been kept in store fur locker for most of its life- now in smoke-free home Quite warm- looks great with Jeans or formal wear We ship UPS or Fed-EX. If interested, please contact AND INCLUDE your house zip code so we can give you as accurate of a shipping cost as possible. Feel free to contact with any questions Free local pick up - we are near the Akron -Canton Airport -Ohio
Old Singer Sewing Machine Model 99K made in 1920-1930 A heavy, metal machine with beautiful decorative features--japanned black paint with gold detail. We have cleaned and polished this old beauty to bring out the luster of the old patina. Note the gold edging and scroll etched steel faceplate and emblem. While it no longer functions as a work machine it remains functional as a piece of folk art. We made a solid wood box and attached to make it for display. Put it on your side table, in a bookcase/shelving unit, in your craft room- many families all over the world relied and these machines to earn a living and to clothe their families. The box weighs 27# the dimensions are 14" tall x 15. long x 8 " deep Our shop is in Green Ohio by the Akron Canton airport and this is available for local pickup/delivery. However, we will work with you if you wish to ship PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SHIPPING COSTS BEFORE PURCHASE- THANK YOU
Now you can have a bit of real Ireland in your home Two beautiful and unusual framed dried flowers and seeds. See back for craft shop in Tipperary- now long closed. The seeds and flowers would likely be from the fields and woods of the Tipperary area and made into wall art for display in the home or for sale These were found in an Irish Estate Sale and said to have been purchased in the 1940's or 1950's Measure 7" x 7" square Nicely detailed wood frame- perhaps ash Great Vintage Condition Sell for $48.50 pair or $25.00 piece Really look lovely on the wall
Reuse, Repurpose, Reconstruct.
That's how you really Redesign Antiques.
Recent Antiques Posts
- Taking Orders for Curio BoxesWhat is a curio?? When I searched the word I found curio as cabinets as seen on the main image here from Howard Miller. Howards tells you to […]
- What is an Antique? OUR TILES- TREASURED CERAMICS AT LEAST 100 YEARS OLDThe standard train of thought is that an item must be 100 years old to be called an antique. Now I know for a fact that most antique stores have […]
- CHANGED MY MIND? MILK PAINT TO THE RESCUE!Last summer I painted a vintage sewing machine desk a blue-gray and added gray antiquing wax. John had refinished the vintage sewing machine metal […]
- INSPIRED BY VICTORIAN JEWELRY! ART NOUVEAU STYLEWhen I first saw John’s antique fireplace tiles, I was impressed with the colors and pretty pictures, but I knew absolutely nothing about […]
- MAJOLICAI love the old fireplace tiles we have – antiques from the late 1800s & early 1900s. John took these from old cast iron fireplaces when he […]
- JOINERY TUTORIAL Why it cost so much to ship our furnitureJohn is a professional joiner/carpenter. He uses learned skills from a professional trade school in England as a young man…so when he makes […]
- Today I posted an item for over gulp….. $1,000.00This is a rare Minton Chica works tile. We have ten. In the European cast iron fireplaces, the sides of each were lined with 5 tiles of a pretty […]
- LET IT SNOW….I know you guys are getting hit with a really bad winter this year. I am happy to know we chose this winter to go to Ireland. And here’s hoping […]
- RAMBLING IN THE WORKSHOP….FOUND A PROJECTMY NEW PROJECT I was rummaging around in John’s workshop.. you have to see this place to believe it…John saves everything..bits of wood, […]
- SOLD….FROM OUR SHOP IN WEXFORD, IRELANDSOLD antiques & collectibles We recently sold this framed cast iron medallion taken from an old Victorian fireplace. John added blackened silver […]
- The Art of Furniture RestorationAs you know we are in Ireland. John is redesigning bits of antique furniture for use in a more modern and smaller home than the large mini-mansions […]
- John’s back in the workshopDo you love period dramas? I do. I gorged on non stop Downton Abby, Pride & Prejudice, etc. Right now I am into The Crown on Netflicks. I only […]
- SNOW IN DUBLINWow, it’s snowing in Dublin. We have escaped that down here in the sunny southeast of Ireland. It is cold though, 32 degrees but the sun is out […]
- Ya Love Them Yea Yea YeaFantastic vintage bomber jacket This jacket came from a very famous London England shop…height of fashion in the late 1960’s early […]
- OUR LAST TWO DRAWER BOXTREADLE SEWING MACHINE DRAWERS This is our last treadle sewing machine drawer set. I think it is perfect for a Krubs coffee pod holder…but you […]
- THE BELL AND LAMP …sounds like a pub but its a tableIn Great Britain and Ireland they have named their pubs many different names and types of names. Wikipedia lists a plethora of names and headings for […]
- WINTER’S COMING- FUR COATWe have an opportunity to offer some unique Vintage clothing. This item is a real rabbit fur coat purchased in 1969 from Macy’s In NYC- One […]
- HOME SWEEET HOME REDO CONTLast year I decided not to sell our condo…long story but decision made. Instead we decided to upgrade- put in 1. carpets and 2. new kitchen […]
- Rich Green Fireplace Tiles Made in England Taken from Irish HomeThe tiles are 4-inch standard size with the framed unit measuring 27 inches long, 9 inches wide, and 1 inch high. We’ve got another item […]
- THE BEFORE OR AFTER? WHAT DO YOU THINK?You just never know….some times a disaster turns into something good. As you know, John has been making furniture for a few years, while most […]
- NEW TABLES – what style are they ?Newly revamped tables for offer. Both made of solid oak and set into vintage treadle sewing machines. First is a 30 inch tall side table with a three […]